Click the image above to watch the video tutorial.
I was recently asked how to move and adjust settings in the panel (Taskbar), because in KDE4 the method of doing this is very different then it was in KDE3.
1) Go all the way over to the right hand side of the panel. There is a small half circle with an icon there, click this icon and panel will change and offer options.
2) To move an item, click it's icon and hold the mouse button down, when you have it where you want it, simply let go of the mouse button.
3) To add new items to the panel, go to the Application Launcher, and browse to the application you want to add.
4) Right click the icon to add, and select "Add to Panel", to move the new item see step 2.
5) You can also add new "Widgets" to the panel.
6) Again go to the icon all the way to the right of the panel and click it.
7) Click the add widgets button in the options that appear.
8) Search for or brows to the widget you want to add.
9) Select the widget and click the add widget button. Click close and you are done.
You may also want to add widgets to the desktop, such as a new folder view, clock or any of the items available.
1) Right click on the desktop, select add widget, search for or browse to the widget you wish drag it to the desktop.
2) You can move them, resize them, rotate them, and many have optional and more settings by right clicking and choosing options.
3) To remove an unwanted widget simply right click on it and choose the Remove option, or simply click the red X.
We can also change Desktop themes.
1) Again we will right click on the desktop and select desktop settings.
2) When the window opens, click the Theme Button, and in the drop down menu select a new theme.
3) Click the Apply Button and your desktop will switch to the new theme.
In this same window we can also select a new wallpaper.
1) Where it says Picture, click the button with the picture name, and you will have a selection of wallpapers that are available on the system, to use one of these wallpapers just click on it then click the Apply Buttonthen Click OK
2) If you have an image, wallpaper or picture of your own you wish to use click the browse button, and browse to location of your image.
3) Click on the image, wallpaper or picture you wish to use, click the Open Button, finally click the Apply Button then Click OK.
Thank you for choosing Its Your PC!
I appreciate your support and hope you find my work useful. If you have any questions or need help, visit the or the contact page on this site.